I’m about to start my Marathon Training for the 2019 Berlin Marathon!
What are my thoughts?
- I’m incredibly nervous that I’m going to slack off and just not do any of the training. (I did slack off a little bit for my Chicago Marathon training last year. Instead of running a lot, I did yoga a lot! LOL Well, it gave me a profound experience with yoga and I enjoyed every bit of it anyways. But this year, I’m going to run more and do yoga and other cross-training I could think of.)
- I’m incredibly nervous about injuring myself. (My right leg hasn’t been itself since that one Pole fitness class and I’ve been trying to recover since. It’s getting better though.)
- I’m incredibly nervous about Florida weather! It’s so HOT outside already! (I just need to start running in the morning which means sleeping earlier and waking up earlier. I can do that. I just need to be more consistent.)
- Will I be more prepared this time around? (I do still have plenty of time. I really need to stop putting so much pressure on myself coz it makes me not want to do anything at all. Writing helps, as I am going thru the lists of my thoughts, it helps to narrow them down and have a more organized focus on things that I am worrying about. lol)
- Should I try to PR? (I should at least try, right?. I am in better shape now than when I started training for Chicago Marathon 2018. At least, I also know what I am getting myself into so I can be more prepared and ready.)
- I want to enjoy this race and experience even more than I enjoyed Chicago. (I’ll prepare more travel planning. I really didn’t do any of that for Chicago. So we didn’t get to see the city for the beauty it was. I can’t wait. I’m going to see so many beautiful things in Berlin and I already feel myself wanting to stay or go back soon. I know I know! I haven’t even book my flight yet but if you know me well my excitement about beautiful places starts early and last a lifetime.) (Side Note: Italy is still my favorite, as of May 17, 2019)
- What should I eat? How should I healthily fuel my body for the many training and the actual marathon itself? (I really want to be more educated nutrition wise. I want to not depend so much on artificial things that are unhealthy and not necessary. I encountered a really nice podcast (https://jayshetty.me/dr-daniel-amen/) that talks about our brain! It really made me think of everything that I do and what I feed my body. Yes! Listen to that Podcast! It’s pretty cool. So after listening to that podcast, I’ve been very mindful about taking care of my brain, myself! One of the things it talks about is only doing things that is good for your brain and that includes eating healthy brain boosting foods! So yeah that’s one of the things I’ve been working on.)
- So with that in mind, Should I stop drinking alcohol again this time around like I did for my Chicago Training? Ha! I still have 2 bottles of wine that are super unopened! lol Maybe they will be the last ones I’ll drink. IDK. Alcohol is not good for your brain and I believe not drinking helped me with my training last year because I was able to keep my body super hydrated and on the weekends where I did drink some alcohol I ended up being lethargic for a whole week, making training a bit harder. So Yeah. I think I’m leaning towards not drinking again for this training. lol
Anyways, these are just some of my thoughts before I start my Marathon Training next week. It’s going to be amazing and exciting and also very nerve wracking! Please wish me luck! I’m going to need plenty of positive vibes!
Thanks guys and ladies for reading my thoughts! I hope you enjoyed it!
Please Like, Share, Follow and Leave me a Comment!
~ Yours Truly Yours,
Incredible podcast to listen to: https://jayshetty.me/dr-daniel-amen/
“Training Your Brain and Training Your Mind to Help You Rather Than Hurt You!” – Dr. Daniel Amen
If you want to know more about the marathon: https://www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com/en/